2517

SITTING CAT WEATHERVANE c.1990






A custom design handmade copper sitting cat weather vane with 19" directional and 24' by 29" cat. Made by metalsmith Marion Ives.  
$325.00
About the artist:
Marion Ives graduated from the School for American Craftsmen at the Rochester Institute of Technology, with a focus on metalsmithing and jewelry. As a metalsmith, I've worked on a number of projects, including an electronic musical wind instrument called the Lyricon. Since 1972 my primary focus has been making custom copper weathervanes, serving the New England area and beyond. In addition, I started making ornaments 30 years ago and every year I like to come up with new and interesting ideas for them. A lifelong love for birds and wildlife is easy to see in my work. That said, I specialize in custom work, helping people bring their ideas to life. ref:  http://marianives.com/About-Me.php